What’s not to love about summer?! Seriously, unless you’re a polar bear or a pair of UGGs, summer is the best time of the year. School is out, days are long, and the weather is perfect. There’s something about the summer air that is great for women. We really let our hair down. Here are 18 reasons why summer is a girl’s best friend:
1. Shoes – Whether you’re rocking wedges, sandals or strappy heels, nothing makes your pedi pop more than a sexy pair of shoes.
2. Healthier– Being active goes hand in hand with summer. We’re constantly outdoors and we drink more water. When you’re hungry, you’re likely to ditch the fatty comfort foods and nosh on fruit or a salad.
3. Travel– Whether it’s a tropical vacay or a simple staycay summer is a great time to hit the road . Your troubles will be forgotten while experiencing new adventures and relaxing.
4. Summer Smooth– In the winter, razors and shaving cream tend to go into hibernation. But summer means less clothes & more skin. Ladies stay on top of that cactus prickle and make sure legs and lady parts are smooth as Tennessee whiskey.
5. Sunglasses– A pair of cool shades (or ten) is a must have for summer. You can even don them indoors and at night without getting too many disapproving stares.
6. Summer love– It’s almost too easy to fall in love during the summer.
7. Messy Hair– Dirty, beachy hair sounds gross but no female will contest the fact that it’s fun, easy, and flirty.
8. Memories– There is a nostalgic essence about summer. It’s a good time to reflect on your first kiss at summer camp or that family vacation Mom made everyone dress alike at Disneyland. The once awkward moments are sweet memories you can smile about.
9. Low maintenance– A tan is one of the greatest accessories. Sure, the sun grants us added Vitamin D but having a summer glow means we can do the bare minimum with our makeup routine. A good tan only calls for a dash of moisturizer, lip gloss, and mascara to complete the look.
10. Bye Bye Bra– Sundresses, tanks, and bikinis are wardrobe staples. Who wants to wear a bra, especially when the heat brings boob sweat.
11. Summer reads– We all become a bookworm at some point between June-September. Getting lost in a good book is easy to do while relaxing by the water, lounging in a hammock, or swaying in a porch swing.
12. Summer anthems– With past summer classics like This Is How We Do It, Thong Song and California Love, there’s always that one song everyone joyrides to down the strip. With a fruity drink in hand, these songs ultimately become the unofficial soundtrack of your summer.
13. Summatime fine– You’ve worked out hard and now it’s time to show off. Waist trainers, detox teas, and fad diets be gone! You’re in your best physical shape of the year and it feels great!
14. Eye Candy– Moms aren’t the only one toning up. The fellas have been putting in overtime with team NO DAYS OFF to flex their pecs and abs.
15. Festivals– Music festivals, food festivals, arts festivals, and film festivals…any excuse to be outside, eat, drink, and party!!!
16. Getting Wet– Whether it’s surf, swim, BBQs or bonfires, it’s necessary to hit some kind of body of water.
17. Girl Time– Hectic school and work schedules impede girl time. Summer down time is the perfect opportunity to catch up with your clique. GNOs, day parties, and lazy Sundays are best spent laughing with the girls.
18. Natural high– There’s one general essence of summer: Everyone is more laid back, carefree, and chill. Minimal cat fights and pure enjoyment of the dog days.
If none of this excites you
you’re probably a vampire, look at it this way: at least summer is a prelude to fall. This means football season, hot chocolate, and boots are just around the corner!