Let’s put into perspective how important a lunchbox is to a kid in kindergarten.
Ladies, you know how you start a new job or go out on your 1st GNO and you need that PERFECT new bag…umm, yeah, the kinder lunchbox is to a kid what a new Gucci is to us.
Soooo…I told B he could get ANNNNY lunchbox he wanted.
B: You mean I can get the one like Jack has?
B: …with the magnets?
Me: Why not?!
So, I head over to the Pottery Barn Kids website all perky and ready to get B’s 1st elementary school lunchbox. I stop dead in my tracks when I see the price of $69.95!!!!
B: Can I get my name on mine just like Jack’s???
Me: *sees it costs an extra $7 for personalization* Umm…err…*wipes forehead* Yeah, sure.
I quickly do the math and realize my total for a new lunchbox will be $76.95. Plus tax. At least shipping is FREE. Gee, thanks PB kids.
My next thought is WTH was Jack’s mom thinking?! Lol and WTH have I gotten myself into?!
By now B is excitedly scoping out all the styles and has selected the shark design. I skim over the features of the
Prada Planet Box. Surely this thing comes with meals freshly prepared by Emeril Lagasse or summin. Here’s what a quarter of a Benjamin will get ya:
- Lunch Box: 7.5″ wide x 10″ deep x 1.5″ high
- Carrying Case: 8.25″ wide x 2.25″ deep x 11″ high
- Lunch Box is made of stainless steel.
- Carrying case is made from rugged, water-resistant 600-denier polyester.
- Carrying case is insulated and includes a pocket in which to place an ice pack.
- Lunch box features variously sized compartments to store sandwiches, fruit and veggies.
- Lunch box comes with a big dipper and little dipper that hold wet, messy food (not liquids).
- Carrying case is insulated and includes a pocket to place an ice pack.
- Exterior pocket on carrying case holds water bottle up to 3″ in diameter.
- Each Planet Box includes a set of decorative magnets with our exclusive prints.
And to think I was happy with a brown paper sack when I was a kid. Boy did I get cheated.
We look forward to the start of Kindergarten. B will be armed with his new
overpriced lunchbox (w/the magnets). I figure what the heck. Ya only do kinder once. I hope.