No valet parking, no caterers, no dressing up…just good food, great friends, lots of laughs, full bellies, and NO leftovers.
I wanted to make something everyone would enjoy and appreciate.
I came across a recipe from Lindsay of Suburban Turmoil.
It had 3 of my fave ingredients and seemed like a great dish that Southerners and Angelenos would both enjoy. Jackpot.
It’s a great light salad and requires little to no cooking. Just slicing and dicing.
I do recommend getting the FRESH SHRIMP and not frozen. It’s worth the few extra dollars. I used large shrimp and put them in whole and also jumbo shrimp that I sliced into 3 pieces.
The S.A.M salad was a huge hit!
- 4 quarts water
- 2 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 peeled ripe mangoes, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 2 peeled avocados, seeded and cut into bite-sized wedges
- cilantro sprigs (optional)
-Bring water to a boil in large pot. Boil shrimp for about 2 minutes. Remove from water, rinse.
-Combine onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss together in large salad bowl.
-Top with sliced mangoes and avocadoes. Add cilantro sprigs as garnish if desired. Serve it up!