Be extra careful with those kid’s meal drink cups.
His mom said after he began talking to the walls, and put his head down on the table, she tasted his drink.
The boy was rushed to a hospital, where his blood alcohol level was determined to be .10, which is over the legal limit for an adult. Thankfully, he is ok.
I was shocked by this story, but even more shocked that this isn’t the 1st incident like this at Applebee’s.
In 2006, a New York City Applebee’s admitted accidentally serving a 5-year-old a Long Island iced tea alcoholic drink instead of apple juice.
In 2007, A San Francisco Bay Applebee’s served a 2 year old a margarita. The mom said the sippy cup smelled of tequila and Triple Sec when she opened the kiddie cup. The toddler got drowsy and began vomiting a few hours later. Applebee’s agreed to pay for the child’s medical bills, and offered free meals, but the Mom says, “If they think I’m going back there, they’re ridiculous.”
I love Applebee’s Apple Walnut Chicken Salad, but COME ON, my kids are out of hand enough. I don’t need Applebee’s boozing them up and having toga parties this young.
*Parents, check those kiddie meal cups anywhere that serves alcohol. This can easily happen at any restaurant.*