Desperate Housewives Tour

I love Desperate Housewives.

I’ve seen every episode since the pilot aired October 2004. Big deal, right?

I’ve even hung out at my friend’s house who lives across the street from Eva Longoria, the actess who plays my favorite character, Gabby. Ok, kind of creepy.

So, when I saw a full access set tour of the ABC hit show at a charity auction, I knew it had to be mine!!!!! When it comes to shopping, I rarely go home empty handed. I won the set tour (and helped a good cause).

I knew who I wanted to accompany me on the tour. My friend Kary is a fellow DH fanatic. Even though she works in the entertainment industry, she is just as goo goo for Gabby and the gang of Wisteria Lane as I am. We often sit around at kid playdates and discuss all the characters as if they’re our personal friends. (Can you believe Susan let that bitch take her man?, Did you see how cute the new gardener is?, Ktherine went crazy on everybody….I can’t believe Karl is bangin Bree now….etc)

The set tour was amazing. I couldn’t believe I was standing on Wisteria Lane!!!!!! I got to walk in everyone’s house, see the soundstages, and even hob nobbed at Craft Services with the crew (that was some goooood baked Ziti!).

**DISCLAIMER: If you don’t watch DH, then you probably will not care about these photos/commentary.

**DISCLAINER: If you don’t watch DH, you’re a loser and I’m pretty sure we’re not friends.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did…..

Mike the plumbers ride (he wanted to take me out to Scavo’s pizzeria).

Lynette’s car…I’m looking crazy bc I didn’t realize one of the crew was sitting inside!

Lynette’s house….I was snapping pix left and right. lol

Making Susan’s specialty…tea!!! And everything on the sets are real. No props in the houses.

Hangin with Kary on Susan’s porch.

We would sooooo fit in on Wisteria Lane. Kary was so “Lynette” following behind me on the tour muttering, “don’t steal anything Nora!”….lol

Photos inside Gabby’s house (told ya I was snapping everything)

Gabby’s porch where she use to gaze at John the hottttt gardener.

Me striking a Gabby pose (I’m such a cornball).

Bree’s house…those are all FAKE flowers BTW, but they look soooo real. (oh, and notice Orsen’s ramp)

Gabby’s bathroom. Her house was my fave inside. The kitchen is AMAZING, but was covered bc they weren’t filming so I couldn’t get a pic :-(

Bree’s living room. Notice Orsen’s w/c, I can’t stand him!!!!! He’s soooo annoying.

Bree’s kitchen was pretty awesome too. Her house was so detailed inside. Everything was organized and labeled.

Bree’s dining room. Looove the chairs. All the pics in the frames were really Bree and “family”.

Lynette’s kitchen. Scene of Tom’s numerous emasculations.

Remember this episode? One of my favs, when they named MJ….there’s a beautiful mural in MJ’s room.

The globes from Susan’s art class: Jaguars, Giraffes, and forgot the other one, but HILARIOUS episode…

The DH God himself, Marc Cherry. Creator, writer, producer= RICH! $$$$$$$$$$…super nice guy!

Who is YOUR favorite Desperate Housewives character?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Hey Peeps...Spread the LOVE!

15 comments for “Desperate Housewives Tour

1. bensmommy
    January 25, 2010 at 10:04 am

I strive to be BREE!!!! Awesome pictures. How lucky to see the inside scoop.

2. mominthecity
    January 25, 2010 at 10:19 am

I am so jealous. Your pictures look just like the show! Susan is my least favorite. I wish they would bring Edie back.

3. mommie
    January 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I can’t stop staring at these photos. I am so jealous. Are those real houses? Did you see any of the stars? I can’t believe you got a picture of the globes. Was Mike there?! I have so many questions. THAT IS MY SHHOW!!!!

4. GoEagles
    December 20, 2010 at 8:39 am

Super cool. How many people can say they met Mark Cherry?

5. Miranda
    December 29, 2010 at 8:59 am

That’s awesome you got to meet Marc Cherry. I hear he doesn’t socialize much on the set.

6. Paula
    May 4, 2011 at 9:06 am

Marc Cheery doesn’t take alot of photos. You lucky girl!

7. kisha brunette
    June 26, 2012 at 12:42 am

Wow..your pictures were amazing.. is brees house and the Scavo house pretty much fake inside and all shot on a sound stage? I thought all the houses were just shells and cool to see that some of them ! I thought I read somewhere that Brees house was actually bathrooms for the crew!!

• July 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

All the houses are actually real houses on a real street. I was expecting a sound stage also. The hospital scene is on a sound stage. They have that one room they always use, but the homes are real with real props. One of the houses does have a bathroom that the crew uses (I can’t remember which one), but it’s an actual house. The budget for that show was insane!

8. pradamama
    January 25, 2010 at 10:23 am

Gabby is definitely my favorite also. She is my motherhood twin.
    That’s awesome you met Marc Cherry. I hear he’s the nicest guy. God love him for creating that show.

9. momof3
    January 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

I like and admire Lynette’s strong sense of self. She is career minded and a great mom. And doesn’t take any shit from her man.

10. coolmommy
    January 25, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Definitely Bree. The show got boring last season and the one before but is making a good comeback now.

11. Jenete
    January 25, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I like Gabby too. I didn’t like when they made her fat. I like the idea of her being more fabulous and beautiful than the average mom.

12. Grandma Tee
    January 26, 2010 at 1:07 am

Thanks for showcasing the show.  I bet Gabby is the Hotmama.

13. bensmommy
    January 26, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I love Susan. And I love that she and Mike are married, but I miss her having someone to fight with. I like it when she fought with Edie and Katherine. Maybe she could have a rival teacher at school?

14. RImom
    January 26, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I really like Bree. She is always so put together and has an answer for everything. I like how she is soft and feminie but doesn’t take any crap from anybody. Oh and she has a gun! Bree rocks.